Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How Many Pairs of Skis Does One Skier Need?

Let's see...

I have my Atomic SL9 slalom skis in a 160. Tons of fun on groomers and hardpack. Mounted with the Atomic Race bindings that slide 2 notches forward to make them quicker, and 2 notches back for bigger turns, overall pretty versatile, especially for skiing in the east.

Then I have a pair of Rossignol T-Power Vipers in a 150. Fun for bumps and trees, and perfect for sliding around when I'm skiing with my kids.

Then there are the Atomic Beta Ride 9.22 midfats. Pretty good for when I go out west. If it snows, they're fine, and if it's been a week or so since the last storm, they're pretty good for making GS turns on groomers.

Still, I feel incomplete. Maybe I need a Volkl Allstar or Tigershark 10 in a 168 for going mach speeds. Or maybe there really IS a one ski replacement for a ski quiver (have the ski marketers finally gotten to me???). Or maybe I should buy a fatter midfat (I still resist the FAT skis because I don't go to Alaska, and when it does dump I like to actually ski in it and make turns, and not just float on top at mach speeds. Hey, us east coasters like to make every turn count when we do see some pow).

Well, I keep searching, and thanks to the discount websites, I probably will just keep adding to the collection.

Suggestions welcome.

No comments: